Parents are the first educators of their children and have the obligation and the right to ensure an adequate education for their children, consistent with their rights and obligations, and with their beliefs and values. (Christ the King Primary School Enrolment Policy)
PURPOSE OF THE CATHOLIC SCHOOL
The Catholic School is not simply an alternative to a Government School. It is different because it is Catholic; it must offer an authentic Catholic vision.
The Christ the King Enrolment Policy supports the Policy Statement of the Archdiocese of Melbourne Enrolment Policy, in ensuring that Catholic children are provided with an education in which faith, culture and life are brought into harmony.
The following list provides an agreed order of priority for enrolment in Catholic primary schools in the Archdiocese. Siblings of children already enrolled at Christ the King will be given priority.
1. Catholic children who are residents of the parish*.
2. Catholic children who do not reside in the parish but are recognised as parishioners by the Parish Priest.
3. Catholic children from other parishes (for pastoral reasons).
4. Children from non-Catholic Eastern churches who reside in the parish.
5. Other Christian children who reside in the parish.
6. Children from non-Catholic Eastern churches who reside outside the parish
7. Other Christian children who reside outside the parish.
8. Non-Christian children who reside in the parish.
9. Non-Christian children who reside outside the parish.