To be eligible to enrol for Prep, a child must turn 5 before the 30th April in the year they begin school.
PROCEDURE FOR ENROLMENT
- During Term 2 of each year applications for prep enrolments for the following year are called for.
- Parents are required to fill in an ‘Application to enrol’ form and submit it to the school office with copies of the child’s Baptismal certificate (if the child is Catholic), Immunization certificate (available from the council) and birth certificate.
- The Principal and Parish Priest then review the applications and set interview times. (August – December) These interviews are used to meet new families and to clarify enrolment information. A more comprehensive ‘Enrolment’ form is completed at these interviews. Both parents and the child are asked to attend this interview.
- The Principal and Parish Priest then offer enrolment places to successful applicants. Successful applicants are chosen according to the criteria set down in the Enrolment Policy and the availability of space in the Prep grade level.
- All enrolments require an interview.